Sarjit leads the Risk and Governance practice at Ardent. He has extensive experience in a broad range of assurance and advisory services including statutory audits, corporate governance, risk assurance, internal audit, financial due diligence and regulatory advice.
Sarjit has over 25 years of multinational experience including 16 years with PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) where he led the audit and advisory engagements of various multinationals, public listed companies, government-linked companies and financial institutions in Singapore, Australia and the USA. He has deep technical knowledge in Singapore Financial Reporting Standards, SGX listing requirements and IPOs, IFRS, US GAAP, Risk-Based-Capital framework, MAS regulations, SOX compliance, enterprise risk and capital management.
Prior to Ardent, Sarjit was the CFO of AIA Singapore and Aviva Asia. He was responsible for formulating and implementing the financial, investment and commercial strategies for AIA Singapore and Aviva’s diverse businesses in Singapore, Hong Kong and the Asia Pacific region respectively. Sarjit also served as CFO of AIG Global Investment Corporation, AIG Global Real Estate and AIG Private Bank.
Sarjit was conferred the Public Service Star (BBM) in 2011, the Public Service Medal (PBM) in 2007, and the ‘Nanyang Alumni Achievement Award’ in 2012 in recognition of his professional achievements and contributions to the nation.
Sarjit was appointed by the Singapore government in 2016 as a member of the Legal and Accounting Services Working Group to the Committee on the Future Economy.
Qualifications / Professional Memberships
- Fellow, Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA)
- Fellow, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Chartered Valuer and Appraiser, Institute of Valuers and Appraisers of Singapore (IVAS)
- Member, The Institute of Internal Auditors Singapore (IIA)
- Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Public Service Star (BBM) conferred by the President of the Republic of Singapore (2011)
- Public Service Medal (PBM) conferred by the President of the Republic of Singapore (2007)
- Nanyang Alumni Achievement Award conferred by NTU (2012)
- Nanyang Alumni Service Award conferred by NTU (2006)
Professional Affiliations and Community Service
- District Councillor and Chairman of Finance Committee of Central Singapore Community Development Council (Central Singapore CDC)
- Honorary Secretary, Executive Committee and Member of Audit Committee of Singapore Indian Development Association (SINDA)
- Chairman of Learning and Assessment Committee – Foundation Programme of Singapore Accountancy Commission (SAC)
- Member of the Investigation and Disciplinary Panel of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (ISCA)
- Member of the Singapore government appointed Legal and Accounting Services Working Group to the Committee on the Future Economy